Video Accessibility - Captions and much more

• 31 January 2024
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Brightcove makes it easy to make your videos accessible - expanding your audience and the ways they can consume your content. In this video, you will learn the many ways (Captions, Translations, Subtitles, Audio Description and more) you can make your content accessible and how you can get started. If you have any questions after watching the video, post them in the Reply section.

2 replies

Is it possible to have captions off as default? I want to include captions as an option for users, but I don’t want them to be enabled by default because they can block some of the bottom of the video.

I think it would be a better experience for users to turn on captions they want to see rather than having to turn off captions they don’t want.

Hi @Craig Murray 

When embedding the player into the web page, you can control the behavior and defaults of CCs. See step 3 under “including a track tag”: https://player.support.brightcove.com/user-interface/adding-captions-videos-programmatically.html#pubcodeThe default behavior is that they are not shown and the CC button shows up.