Skip to main content
Solved

Adding Blinkering effect on the video

• 23 July 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi Team,

I am working on adding interactivity features on my video. There is a point in the video where the user will get a choice between two options.

Is there a possibility to highlight the choices moment the user hovers the options? if this is not possible and you can suggest a workaround then I will be grateful. 

Thanks in advance.

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Tushar Parmar,

Thank you for sharing your questions on Bright Spot!

Currently, Brightcove does not have a specific tool or feature for highlight choices at moment the user hovers the options.

As an alternative, you can achieve similar results using text overlays. You can add these overlays to your videos and customize the display duration for each one according to your needs.

Public Documentation: https://studio.support.brightcove.com/interactivity/annotations/adding-text-overlay.html

Additionally, if you would like to pursue this further, we can submit an Enhancement Request ticket on your behalf. This will ensure that your request gains visibility with our product team. Please let us know if you would like us to proceed with this.

Thank you for your understanding and please don't hesitate to reach out Bright Spot if you have any further questions or requests.

Have an excellent day!

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Tushar Parmar ,
You can highlight choices when the user hovers over them using Brightcove's Interactivity module. Here’s a comprehensive guide:

• Login to Video Cloud Studio and open the Interactivity module.

• Access Interactivity Settings:

• Click the settings icon at the top of the page.
  • Upload Custom CSS File:

• On Interactivity CSS, Click Upload Custom CSS and select your CSS file containing the hover effects.

For detailed information, you can refer to the Styling Annotations documentation.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Based on my experience, two key challenges were identified:

1. To let the users know that the videos are interactive and that clickable options are available.
  2. Ensuring responsiveness across different devices.

The solution involved integrating these interactive options directly into the video scenes, utilizing subtle visual effects and transparent overlays for the call of action.

For example: https://studio.support.brightcove.com/interactivity/examples/sph.html

Badge

Thank you very much Team for the quick response 😊

I will have to check the CSS option as a recommendation and will update this group with the findings.