Question

Video Link Help

Badge

I had a quick question. After publishing several videos lately to my team shortly after the link says “Page Not Found” am I doing something wrong that’s causing the video link to expire so quickly?

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

When a video link shows a "Page Not Found" error shortly after publishing, it typically indicates that the video link is either incorrect, has been changed, or the video itself is not available due to certain settings or issues. Here are some potential causes and solutions:

1. Incorrect URL: Double-check that the URL you are sharing is correct. Ensure there are no typos or extra characters in the link.

2. Video Publishing Status: Verify that the video has been successfully published and is set to public. Sometimes, videos may be set to private or unlisted, causing the link to be inaccessible to others.

3. Access Permissions: Ensure that the video permissions are set correctly. If the video is restricted to certain users or groups, others might see a "Page Not Found" error.

If the issue persists, I suggest contacting Brightcove support for further assistance.

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Danielle, hope you find Martin’s response useful. Can you check and confirm if the issue still persists for you?

Badge

Thank you for your suggestions, but unfortunately all those were tried and the error still persists. Is there possibly an expiration on the link that I didn’t know about? I’m just trying to figure out the possible error so this doesn’t persist because what I publish reaches a large audience.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Danielle

Looks like opening a ticket with Brightcove Technical Support would be the best way forward. Additional information is needed for investigation and troubleshooting, such as URL examples and steps to reproduce. This way we can follow up on this unexpected behavior. You can do it through the Support Portal or by emailing bc_support@brightcove.com.