Skip to main content

This choice in the reports section “video.updated_at” says it is the date/time when the video was last modified.

But does that mean the actual video file was updated, or could that really mean anything was updated, such as the name, a tag, the role, etc?  

I need a report on a group of videos to know the last time each one was updated with a new video file. 

Thanks

Hi @Debbie Baker 

Thank you for sharing your questions on Bright Spot!

I offer an apology, as our UI and API does not have a metric or report that provides that specific data. 

video.updated_at, this field will reflect the last time that the video had an update in terms of metadata, rendition, or any other field related to the video information.

But it does not have the ability to differentiate whether the update has been of metadata or of the video file.

Let me offer you an enhancement ticket for your request. Let me know if you would like to proceed with it. 

Have a nice day!

Thank you for the quick response Perla.  Can you let me know if I proceed with an enhancement ticket, what does that mean?  Thanks!  

Debbie 

Hi @Debbie Baker,

Thank you for your response!

Sure, I sent you a private message to get your account information. Next I will create a support ticket and follow up on the enhancement request.

The enhancement request refers to an internal ticket with our product team. This ticket carries relevant information about the area of opportunity you see in the product, so the team has greater visibility of this need, it is evaluated and eventually implemented or rejected. 

Good day!

I’m unsure whether Brightcove Analytics can provide this information directly. However, you can retrieve the "uploaded_at" timestamp using the CMS API.

Here is the relevant API endpoint:

https://cms.api.brightcove.com/v1/accounts/{{account_id}}/videos/{{video_id}}/sources

Please note that this method may be somewhat cumbersome, depending on the number of videos you need to process.