Question

Frame.io integration

• 24 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Badge

Wondering if anyone has insight on integrating Frame.io with Brightcove. Hoping to be able to send videos from Frame.io to Brightcove once they’re approved in Frame.io.

6 replies

If there is not Frame.io integration yet, add my name to any vote list.

It would be great!

Badge

As far as I recall, there is currently no direct integration between Frame.io and Brightcove. However, the Frame.io site shows you can build integrations to it using Zapier.  I have not tried building a Zapier connector for Brightcove and do not see one currently listed but this may be the path of least resistance.   We can of course pass on the Feedback request for a formal Frame.io integration to our Product and Engineering team!

Badge

One other thought after looking at the existing Zapier integrations, you could maybe use Brightcove’s Google Drive or Dropbox integration in conjunction with Zapier connectors for Drive or Dropbox to create an automated file path to your Brightcove instance:

https://studio.support.brightcove.com/integrations/integrations-module/getting-started/getting-started-integrations-module.html

Userlevel 1
Badge

Currently, Brightcove does not have a native integration with Frame.io. For transferring videos from Frame.io to Brightcove after approval, a custom development solution involving API scripting might be necessary. 

Badge

Thanks, unfortunately due to security issues, we can’t use Google Drive or Dropbox in this capacity. We will explore Zapier or API scripting but that may take some time for us to accomplish. Hopefully it’s something Brightcove developers can produce though! That would be amazing!

Userlevel 3

Thanks, unfortunately due to security issues, we can’t use Google Drive or Dropbox in this capacity. We will explore Zapier or API scripting but that may take some time for us to accomplish. Hopefully it’s something Brightcove developers can produce though! That would be amazing!

Hi @Jeff Parden and @David Combs, we would surely pass on that feedback to the team. Thank you for sharing. And if you have any other questions, please feel free to share it with the community.