Skip to main content

Hi all

MS PowerPoint allows for embedding videos from certain sources, e.g., YouTube, without inserting them.

Is there a way to do this for Brightcove videos?

Hi @Perry Wong,

Thank you for sharing your question!

Please allow me to suggest you the following options to embed Brightcove videos in PowerPoint:

• Download the video in MP4 format from your Brightcove account (if your ingest profiles generate MP4s) and insert it directly into your presentation. This ensures the video will play even without an internet connection.

• Install a third-party plugin that allows the use of iFrame embed codes in PowerPoint. Some customers use this one from iSpring: https://www.ispringsolutions.com/blog/how-to-embed-an-iframe-in-a-powerpoint-presentation and then use the iFrame embed code from Brightcove.

I hope this has answered your question. If you have any further inquiries, I’ll be happy to assist you with them.

Unfortunately neither are viable options for us.

1. We have hundreds of PPTs and potentially multiple videos in one deck. The size of the PPTs would be unacceptable.

2. We can’t install Plugins because we can’t install additional items through centrally managed computers. In addition, I wouldn’t know what that may look like on other people’s computer who doesn’t have the plugin, as we’re looking at over 80,000 potential different users.